Sunday, August 06, 2017

A more modest Summit Avenue house


This house on Summit Avenue is situated close to Mississippi River Boulevard on the far west end of the avenue. This wasn't one of the big budget houses I have posted earlier;  it is a high gabled house that draws on "elements from English arts and Crafts design. Even so, the house's recessed entrance, banded windows, wide eaves, and open floor plan are all Prairie Style trade marks. The house was built for Dr. Ward Beebe, a bacteriologist, and his wife, Bess, as a wedding present from her parents." (Credit: AIA Guide to the Twin Cities)


10 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I've seen this style before Kate, I like the corner windows on the ground floor, good views!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an unusual design and quite the wedding gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very attractive and appealing house. What a nice wedding present to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always liked Arts and Craft houses. This one looks fine. Perhaps not as big as other Summit Ave houses, but still a jewel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this house very much. I think I'd enjoy living there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may not be as grand as the neighbors but it's certainly none too shabby. And truly a fine wedding gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has an interesting look. The corner windows on the first floor are pretty unusual. Though, I can't say that it tempts me . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!