Sunday, March 19, 2017

Guthrie Theatre-Unusual Views

These are not the publicity photos usually associated with the facade of the world-renowned Guthrie Theatre. DH and I saw a matinee performance of King Lear last Saturday when I took these photos. Two of those photos show parts of the theatre as seen from the streets, where the city wisely has installed 8-hour parking meters. The other is a long projection that extends from the fourth floor of the rear of the building where patrons can see the Mississippi River, either inside or outside. Tomorrow I will show you some of those views.





8 comments:

  1. I remember standing in the view area and looking at the collapsed highway bridge a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different views are always nice to see. I like the first photo, it is unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted to go to the Guthrie when I lived up your way but never made it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks really cool...love how the portion hangs over the road!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool architecture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool architecture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous building!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unusual looking building. Sounds like you were on a date night. Tom and I have a date to go to the Modern Museum tomorrow and then to lunch. Although I am thinking I will have to remind him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!