Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Blessing of the Animals in Honor of the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi on October 4

 Some animals at Unity Unitarian church in St Paul were blessed on Sunday, October 2. They definitely are not second-class citizens because they were honoured by having  a ceremony all their own with song, poetry, and responsive readings led by our Co-Minister, Minsterial Intern and musician. Animals included a turtle, rabbit, and many dogs, as well as Wild Wendy. Where are the animals you say? The bright sun, shade and shadow did not cooperate with my camera's lens!



9 comments:

  1. The little critters bring so much joy to our lives, they deserve to be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, where are the animals? I understand the sun situation, but it would have nice to have seen some of them.

    I have seen something like this on a couple of blogs, but I have never seen or heard about it here in Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of it done as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The animals, after being blessed, hopefully got to enjoy a little thank you treat. That big bone on the table, real or not, probably got a lot of stares during the service. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the cats got blessed along with the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The animals must feel quite different now. I know they do this in the south part of our country, where they have the catholic religion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was done last weekend here, too. Animals certainly ARE a blessing even if they're not officially blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our pets are a blessing to us. So nice that there is a day to honor them. Actually I no longer have one. I guess Tom doesn't qualify?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!