Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Go See Native American Art!


Last Monday I introduced you to the Pow Wow Grounds cafe that also has an art gallery next to the coffee shop.  Because the lighting that day could not produce good photos to show you some of the art, I photographed this poster located outside the building.  The art piece itself is very interesting because attached to each heart is a porcupine quill.  The exhibit contains art of many different genres, recounting various aspects of Native American history.  If you live near the Twin Cities, I guarantee that you will enjoy the art.  
Go See!
Linking to ABC WEDNESDAY

16 comments:

  1. I wonder what the porcupine quill represents? It's a very interesting piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what I found on Wiki: History:
      Porcupine quillwork is an art form completely unique to North America. Before the introduction of glass beads, quillwork was a major decorative element used by the peoples who resided in the porcupine's natural habitat,

      Delete
  2. That is a very interesting piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think....we in general should have more respect for 'nativeness'

    Have a nice ABC-day / - week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An eye catching poster, nicely suited to the exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this poster!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish. I do sooooo wish I could...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting poster. I wonder too what the porcupine quill represents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really like the poster!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:28 AM

    Beautiful art work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a nice poster. It looks like little flying hearts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a powerful piece. It speaks volumes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. important history

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!