Thursday, October 15, 2015

Minneapolis Institute of Art


Four friends from New York and Denver flew into the Twin Cities to view the Mary Griggs-Burke exhibit of Japanese art at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.  Jim and I had a wonderful dinner with them at Vincent A's restaurant in downtown Minneapolis on Tuesday night after their arrival and went to the museum Wednesday morning for several hours to see just a small part of the 700 pieces of art that were recently donated to the museum. It is an extraordinary collection and puts the MIA into the forefront of Japanese art.  Read about it here:



8 comments:

  1. It must have been a wonderful experience to see the Japanese art in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall visiting friends is fine. Throw in art and food. The best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Five lovely portraits. I love it when out of town friends visit and we run around doing fun things I hope one day to go to your city & museum! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have friends in, particularly if they like art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good friends, good art. Perfect pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've chosen such a beautiful painting from the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy Japanese woodcuts. When I recently visited Monet's house at Giverny, I was impressed to see literally dozens of Japanese woodcuts on the walls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!