Tuesday, October 06, 2015

2015 Twin Cities Marathon-ABC WEDNESDAY "M"

 I arrived at the corner of Fairview and Summit Avenues in St Paul at 7:30 a.m to watch the runners and to cheer them on.  With cowbell to ring and camera in hand, I watched an amazing number of people of all ages compete.  The air was cool in the 40's but the sun was warm.  Spectators also ranged in age from infants and toddlers all the way up into the 80's. In previous years I waited until much later in the morning to cheer and encourage those who were not as fleet afoot. Despite enjoying seeing the front runners, I think that  next year I will wait until later in the morning as I had previously.  At that time there are more older runners, and I like to see that!  Gotta love all people who train long hours before the race and who give it their all during the marathon!

Linking to ABC Wednesday

19 comments:

  1. It is quite a challenge to run all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Vikings are coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "In the run..."
    Good instant pictures....

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife has run two marathons. I can't imagine doing that. I don't even like to drive 26 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And good to see one of those 'minnesota Vikings' running. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny, Lowell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of determination on those faces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really admire people that can run marathons...especially the older ones as you said.
    I would never make it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You went watching.... for a minute i thougt you ran yourself ;-)

    Thank you for participating again in our weekly photo-meme!
    Hope to may greet you next week, and more weeks to come, again!

    Have a nice abc-week/day
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The viking helmet is something else!

    I walk a lot, but marathon running would be a whole different matter altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite intriguing info; thanx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shots showing the effort that these people put into running such a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes, varied apparel!

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Photographing races are fun. The Hartford Marathon, half-marathon and 5K are this weekend and I plan to take some pix.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heck, I don't know that I could even walk 26 miles. Run it? Not likely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do admire them Kate, I do the 14km walk every year but I don't think I could run it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some people absolutely amaze me with their strength and energy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have always been so impressed with anyone that could run 26.1 miles. That is just incredible. Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!