Thursday, July 12, 2012

No longer a stranger!



Julie is a librarian in a Minnesota Public School system and is very knowledgable and expert on Children's literature. I initially "met" her on the internet where we both post on our individual photo blogs. We recently met for real at the Como Park Pavilion in St. Paul, Minnesota and discovered that we have lots in common: love of literature, a shared desire to learn more about photography, great satisfaction in teaching children and adolescents, and former Wisconsin residents...she from Wausau and I from Green Bay. What fun it is to blog and then meet "the stranger!"
To learn more about the 100 Strangers project, click here: www.100strangers.com/

13 comments:

  1. It is fun making and meeting blogging friends. You've just reminded me it's time I got back to my 100 Strangers project. All of a sudden I got shy in approaching strangers to ask for their photo. I don't have problems with the asking for the photo. It's the asking for their permission to publish it on the Internet that I'm shy about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whenever i see her smiling face i have to smile myself....thanks for this beautiful portrait, kate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogs bring forth such strange friendships. Bob C. and I will meet soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so strange, Birdman. It's the modern version of pen pals. Enjoy your meeting!

      Delete
  4. How fun! I have met a couple of my blogging friends in person and it is always a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful smile your librarian has. The faint hint of sun-kisses (freckles) dotting her cheeks gives a clue to her love of children and their literature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those wisconsinites! fresh faced and real people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She has such a great smile! What fun to get to meet the people behind the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the best things about blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with all of the above! Great picture! Janey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific portrait. And what fun to meet your blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thats so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!