Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Don't Fence Me In

Seeing these animals, it almost makes me want to own a sheep farm...Almost, but do I want to work that hard?!

"Little Lamb" by Wm Blake

Little Lamb, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee?
Gave thee life, and bid thee feed,
By the stream and o'er the mead;
Gave thee clothing of delight,
Softest clothing, woolly, bright;
Gave thee such a tender voice,
Making all the vales rejoice?
Little Lamb, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee?

Little Lamb, I'll tell thee,
Little Lamb, I'll tell thee.
He is called by thy name,
For He calls Himself a Lamb.
He is meek, and He is mild;
He became a little child.
I a child, and thou a lamb,
We are called by His name.
Little Lamb, God bless thee!
Little Lamb, God bless thee!

11 comments:

  1. Little Lamb looks like he wants to come home with you too. It makes me want to pet his muzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you check Farm Girl's blog? She had a very sweet "Itchy donkey" post yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:50 PM

    Seeing these, Kate, makes me want to get an old Pink Floyd album to play! Where's that track "Sheep"?

    Thanks for your recent comments at South Shields Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, makes you want to have a sheep farm!
    Nice poem, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet!
    My parent's kept sheep. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:03 PM

    Oh lovely little lamb and poem (and I do like the song don't fence me in, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does make you want to take up farming, but I would be one of those people who got in over their heads; not knowing what I was getting into.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice animal. I guess you had a good day in the farm. It looks as if it was a bright sunny day. It is great to spend some time in a farm although as you said it takes a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any type of farming is a LOT of work...nice sheep photos!!!

    My 100th post is Saturday...come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice poem, quite appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable!! Sheep have that pure innocent look that makes you go...ohhhhhhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!